Sunday, January 13, 2013

Poster Per Diem: Mayra Fersner's "Underneath the Surface" Art Print


If you visit this site with any regularity, you already know I tend to write reviews for film and television inspired prints that are either currently on sale or are about to go on sale. And while I'll still be pouring the majority of my efforts into those sorts of posts, my daily "Poster Per Diem" feature will focus on awesome prints that have since sold out, never existed in the first place (AKA concept posters) or just bear mentioning. In other words: this is my chance to say, "I never got a chance, for whatever reason, to write about you on this here website, but I think you're really purty and I want to let the world know." Or something like that. Oh, and Per diem is latin for "per day" or "each day."

"Underneath the Surface" Art Print (with hand embellishments)
Mayra Fersner (AKA Hag Cult)
18" x 24" (Screen Print) - Signed and Numbered
$25 - Limited to 45
Inspired By: Blue Velvet

If you've already experienced Blue Velvet, then you know "Underneath the Surface" may be the most appropriate title one could ask for of anything inspired by Lynch's small town neo-noir. For every inch, we, the audience, have travelled down the rabbit hole during Velvet's runtime, artist Mayra Fersner has lovingly populated this print with the weird, the wonderful, and the uniquely surreal. Mayra on the poster's creation (from the Hag Cult blog):
"When I first created the illustration 'Underneath the Surface' (inspired by Blue Velvet), it was with the intention of making it a print. I thought it would be a fun idea to use some elements from the Pabst Blue Ribbon can in my design. I hadn’t had a chance to print these until recently. They turned out really well. The screenprints themselves are with dark blue and silver inks. Each “18″ x 24″ print will be unique as they will be hand embellished with red inks (screen inks).
"Underneath the Surface" is currently available through hagcult.bigcartel.com for $25. The hand embellished poster measures 18" x 24" and is limited to an edition of 45. For more info on Mayra's artwork, head over to hagcult.com and follow @hagcult on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Trolling, Please.