Saturday, January 12, 2013

Poster Per Diem: Joe Wilson's "Ray Harryhausen: Special Effects Titan" Movie Poster


If you visit this site with any regularity, you already know I tend to write reviews for film and television inspired prints that are either currently on sale or are about to go on sale. And while I'll still be pouring the majority of my efforts into those sorts of posts, my daily "Poster Per Diem" feature will focus on awesome prints that have since sold out, never existed in the first place (AKA concept posters) or just bear mentioning. In other words: this is my chance to say, "I never got a chance, for whatever reason, to write about you on this here website, but I think you're really purty and I want to let the world know." Or something like that. Oh, and Per diem is latin for "per day" or "each day."

Ray Harryhausen: Special Effects Titan Movie Poster
Joe Wilson
Official One-Sheet - Not for Sale (?)

As a huge fan of artist Joe Wilson and an even bigger fan of stop motion pioneer Ray Harryhausen, my enjoyment of this poster was all but assured. Recreating some of Ray's best known effects (Medusa from Clash of the Titans, the saucers from Earth vs. the Flying Saucers, the Cyclops from The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, etc.), Joe has lovingly surrounded the man with a lifetime's worth of fantastical achievements. I don't believe this poster is currently for sale, but if you're interested in learning more about the doc, I'd recommend checking out the trailer below and visiting the film's Facebook page.


For more info on the incredibly talented Joe Wilson, head over to joe-wilson.com and follow @joe_wilson on Twitter. And if you're interested in some killer movie prints take a look at his store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Trolling, Please.