Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Heads Up: Simon C Page's "Neighbor Totoro" and "Porco Rosso" Movie Posters

Hopefully everyone knows how much I love Miyazaki's filmography at this point. If, however, this is news to you, then please let me assure you: I love Miyazaki's work. His films represent the gold standard in animation with respect to aesthetics, storytelling and just being plain fun. And wouldn't you know it, it seems I'm not alone. Case in point: artist Simon C. Page, who I last wrote about in July, has created two beautiful looking prints in tribute to My Neighbor Totoro and Porco Rosso.

My Neighbor Totoro Movie Poster (Regular)
Simon Page - 24" x 36" - Signed and Numbered

Neighbor Totoro Close-up
Neighbor Totoro Close-up

My Neighbor Totoro Movie Poster (Japanese Variant)
Simon Page - 24" x 36" - Signed and Numbered

The artist nailed the ebullient whimsy that became such an integral part of Hayao's tales. These are the kind of designs that make you want to be a kid again, running up, down, and around grass-covered hills under the light of a summer sun. Also, it's such a treat seeing a Porco Rosso poster. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Totoro, and the titular forest spirit is so wonderfully realized by Miyazaki it's nigh impossible to not want to illustrate the fellow, but I think we can all agree that Porco deserves some love too, right?!

Porco Rosso Movie Poster (Regular)
Simon Page - 24" x 36" - Signed and Numbered

Porco Rosso Movie Poster (Japanese Variant)
Simon Page - 24" x 36" - Signed and Numbered

While I don't have any specifics on price and / or edition size, you can find out more about purchasing one by directly emailing Simon at hello@excites.co.uk. To learn more about the artist be sure to visit excites.co.uk and follow him on Twitter @simoncpage. And if you haven't seen all of Miyazaki's films, well, change that!

3 comments:

  1. Ridiculously cool! More like these please (My favourite film is Howl's Moving Castle).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Yes Yes! This is one of the best series I have seen in a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the Laputa one you posted and loved it these are equally as lovely! Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete

No Trolling, Please.