Monday, July 30, 2012

Poster Per Diem: Robert Wilson's Mountain Goats Gig Posters

For those wondering what the hell "Poster Per Diem" is / means / smells like, here's my not at all concise description. If you visit this site with any regularity, you already know I tend to write reviews for film and television inspired prints that are either currently on sale or are about to go on sale. And while I'll still be pouring the majority of my efforts into these sorts of posts, my daily "Poster Per Diem" feature will focus on awesome prints that have since sold out, never existed in the first place (AKA concept posters) or just bears mentioning. In other words: this is my chance to say, "I never got a chance, for whatever reason, to write about you on this here website, but I think you're really purty and I want to let the world know." Or something like that. Oh, and Per diem is latin for "per day" or "each day."

Mountain Goats 2012 Gig Poster #1
Robert Wilson IV
18" x 24" (Screen Print) - Signed and Numbered
$30 - Limited to 100

Mountain Goats 2012 Gig Poster #2
Robert Wilson IV
18" x 24" (Screen Print) - Signed and Numbered
$30 - Limited to 100

These aren't necessarily movie related, but damn do they feel cinematic. Comic artist Robert Wilson IV created something which brings to mind many of my favorite post apocalyptic properties, including Mad Max, Escape from New York, all of the Fallout video games, DMZ, Wasteland and Y: The Last Man. In other words: these posters do more than just advertise what were surely kickass shows, they tell a story. There are a handful of these prints still available at Nakatomi Inc, so now's your chance if you're interested in grabbing one. To learn more about Robert Wilson IV, be sure to visit robertwilsoniv.com, his deviantART page, and follow him @robertwilsoniv.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Trolling, Please.