Thursday, December 15, 2011

Olly Moss' "My Neighbor Totoro" Movie Posters

UPDATE (12/16): Go figure, Olly Moss' My Neighbor Totoro prints sold out in about a minute. For the majority of people who weren't able to grab one, Olly has stated that he'll have some signed APs available through his website in 2012.

I'm exhausted and ready for bed, but I'd despise (that's right, despise!) myself if I didn't mention Olly Moss' newest creation (i.e. the biggest thing on the Internet come Friday). I'm almost positive I could hear the Internet's collective wheeze of excitement when this poster was first announced, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't one of the geeky masses praising Allah / Studio Ghibli / Olly Moss / Mondo / whatever you want to call the higher power that made this possible.

My Neighbor Totoro Movie Poster
Olly Moss
20" x 36" - Numbered
$50 - Limited to 420

If you have any interest in the work of Hayao Miyazaki, and let's be honest, who doesn't, then this is going to be a must buy for you. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure every Miyazaki fan in the world (with an Internet connection) also knows about it. Looking at these prints, I'm hard pressed to think of a better Moss design from 2011 that even approaches how amazing his Totoro print appears to be. First and foremost, I want to mention how fun and beautiful these posters are. I love Olly Moss, as does pretty much every art fan on planet Earth, but I feel that his prints can sometimes be a bit too clever. Don't get me wrong, it almost always works either way, but My Neighbor Totoro is a property that doesn't need clever as much as it needs optimism and innocence, and I think Moss absolutely nails it here. Secondly, how amazing is that variant? I know I say this all the time, but wow, you've really got to appreciate a variant that offers more than just a smaller edition size and a different colorway. Great stuff all around. I'll definitely be trying my hand tomorrow with the rest of you. Good luck!

My Neighbor Totoro Movie Poster (Japanese Variant)
Olly Moss
20" x 36" - Numbered
$90 - Limited to 170

Olly Moss' My Neighbor Totoro posters will be available on Friday (12/16) through Mondo at a random time. Both versions of the print measure 20" x 36" and are hand numbered. The regular version will cost $50 and is limited to an edition of 420, while the variant will cost $90 and is limited to 170. To find out the exact drop time be sure to follow @MondoNews on Twitter. And to learn more about artist Olly Moss, you can follow him @ollymoss and visit his website at ollymoss.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Trolling, Please.