Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Adam Fantome's Film Inspired Art Prints

I don't know too much about Adam Fantome, but I know what I like, and I really dig this guy's work. Adam manages to masterfully blend iconic bits and pieces from the films we know (and love) with his obvious passion for art and creativity itself. In the end, we're left with something that would be as comfortable in a fancy gallery, as it would be in a crowded dingy theater full of bespectacled cinephiles. And by that, I mean it's cool. Really cool. I've included my favorite pieces from Mr. Fantome's website in tonight's post for your enjoyment, but this is only a fraction of what he has in stock. As of this writing, all of these are still available for purchase.

"Max Gold Edition" Art Print
Adam Fantome
59.4 cm x 42 cm - Signed and Numbered
£75 - Limited to 25
Inspired By: Mad Max

Prior to Mel Gibson losing his marbles, the guy was in some pretty fantastic films, one of them being the incredible Ozploitation franchise-starter Mad Max. Adam's "Max Gold Edition" print uses the classic Mad Max one sheet as a jumping off point and transforms Mad Max Rockatansky from a sawed-off shotgun-toting MFP (Main Force Patrol) officer to an equally badass, but much more creative, leather-clad artiste by removing his firearm and equipping him with paint and brush. There are times when you want to see tons of color, this is not one of those times. The stark, but intricate, design of Mad Max and his golden gonzo style splatter hit all the right notes. Unfortunately this print is a bit out of my current budget, but I encourage anyone who can drop £75 (roughly $117) to pick one up, as this poster is sure to look great on any wall. The print is currently available through adamfantome.com, measures 59.4 cm x 42 cm and is limited to an edition of 25.

"Apeworld" Art Print
Adam Fantome
69 cm x 50 cm - Signed and Numbered
£50 - Limited to 50
Inspired By: Planet of the Apes and Westworld

When I first looked at this poster, I picture someone yelling, "You got your Westworld in my Planet of the Apes!" And the other person angrily responding, "You got your Planet of the Apes in my Westworld!" I never really thought of these two films as compatible, but I now see the error of my ways. The dated palette, the retro typography, the ridiculous tagline - it's all here and it's perfect! I especially love all of the pistons and cogs that you can clearly see through the ape's torn robotic skin. "Apeworld" is bit more affordable than the Mad Max inspired print at £50 (approximately $78) and is currently available through Fantome's store. The print measures 69 cm x 50 cm and is limited to an edition of 50. Dr. Zaius! Dr. Zaius!

"Fury" Art Print (Red & Gold)
Adam Fantome
59.4 cm x 42 cm - Signed and Numbered
£75 - Limited to 25
Inspired By: The Warriors
"Fury" Art Print (Blue & Silver)
Adam Fantome
59.4 cm x 42 cm - Signed and Numbered
£75 - Limited to 25
Inspired By: The Warriors

"Warriors, come out to play-i-ay." How can you not love this movie? And perhaps more importantly, how can you not love this print? Similar to "Max Gold Edition," Fantome's "Fury" uses another iconic 1979 film, but this time transforms a menacing member of the Baseball Furies gang (alright, maybe "menacing" isn't the most appropriate word) into a somewhat comical looking painter. All of these prints are a ton of fun and speak to both the film and art lover in me. Both editions of the "Fury" print can be purchased through Adam Fantome's store for £75 (about $117), are each limited to an edition of 25 and measure 59.4 cm x 42 cm.

If any of the above piqued your interest, be sure to visit Adam's new website at adamfantome.com, follow him on Twitter @AdamFantome and join his mailing list. And if anyone is wondering what to get me this holiday season, I wouldn't mind that "Max Gold Edition" print. Just sayin'. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Trolling, Please.