Monday, August 29, 2011

Fernando Fro Reza's "They Live" Movie Posters

I'm not entirely sure if the title I gave this post is accurate or if both prints presented below can be described as They Live movie posters, proper, but I have a feeling you'll forgive me once you feast your eyes on tonight's artwork du jour. Earlier today Fernando Fro Reza, probably known better under the Fro Design Co flag, released two spectacularly awesome prints that can only be rivaled by his previously reviewed and recently re-released The Thing prints. Put the glasses on! Put 'em on!

"All Outta Bubble Gum" They Live Movie Poster
Fernando Fro Reza
11" x 17"
$30 - Limited to 100

I love this movie. I love the patience-testing fight scene between Nada and Frank. I love the fact that underneath the ridiculous aliens-among-us narrative there are some pretty inspired anti-establishment flashes of genius. The bottom line is this: They Live is a fun, infinitely quotable movie, that I'm not sure I'll ever grow tired of. Now onto the real reason you're here - the artwork! I definitely prefer this poster between the two prints included in tonight's post, not because I dislike the other poster, but because I have such an affinity for the film and its myriad of strange characters and creatures, including "Rowdy" Roddy Piper's George Nada and of course our not-so-friendly alien overlords, the formaldehyde faces. This poster has everything one could want, and was executed to perfection with Fernando's usual expertise. The red color palette is particularly striking and I'm a huge fan of the way he presented the extraterrestrial policeman. The only negative I can think of is Fernando's method of printing. His style seems perfectly suited for screen printing, but to the best of my knowledge all of his prints have been giclées. It's a pretty small complaint overall, and it definitely didn't stop me from ordering one the moment he announced their release earlier today. Fro Design Co's "All Outta Bubble Gum" They Live movie poster is available right now through his online store for $30. The print measures 11" x 17" and is limited to an edition of 100.

"These Glasses Get You High But You Come Down Hard" They Live Movie Poster
Fernando Fro Reza
11" x 17"
$30 - Limited to 100

For the They Live fan with a sense of humor, and let's be honest, you've kind of got to have a sense of humor to love a film like They Live, Fernando has also created an epic Mario-themed print. I'm not sure what else to say other than the fact that I'm glad this poster, against all odds, somehow exists. I love all of the characters thrown in here, but to be honest, it's the little things that really wow me like the pixelated They Live logo - just awesome. Fernando's "These Glasses Get You High But You Come Down Hard" print costs $30, measures 11" x 17" and is limited to an edition of 100. If that's not impressive enough, they're available right now! To see more of Fernando Fro Reza's excellent work be sure to visit his store, follow his Tumblr and Twitter account @frodesignco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Trolling, Please.